Friday, August 3, 2007

Busy B's...

The last two weeks have been quite busy for the little B and I. My students often called me Mrs. B and they got to calling Madelyn, while in my stomach, 'little B'...and boy have we been busy. Starting two weeks ago, dear friends, Aunt Audrey and Katelyn flew in for a visit. We had a wonderful time, starting Maddie into a schedule, showing Katelyn around Seattle for the first time, and of course just watching Madelyn! It was a great time.


After the Brown's left, Kurt was gearing up to take the Washington State Bar exam. He certainly didn't need Madelyn and I around to distract him during the test, so we headed up to Bellingham, WA with my good friend Lindsey and her 5-month old daughter, Mia.

Lindsey's parents live up on a lake. With two little ones, it was difficult to get out on the water, but sitting by the water was nearly just as good.

At the end of July, my Dad and Cheri came back to visit us since Madelyn was one month older than when they'd seen her last. Maggie also came to town to meet Maddie; we had a great time showing Maggie around Seattle for the first time. Recently, we started Madelyn taking one bottle a day. She took to the bottle great and that allowed Kurt and I to go on our first date while my Dad, Cheri, and Maggie watched Madelyn for a night.
Maddie is really growing! This little outfit was so big on her at the hospital...

Certainly a newborn with all the sleeping that Maddie still does.

(I just love this little pacifier!!)



3 comments:

Audrey Brown said...

Great pictures. It's obvious how much she's grown in the last two weeks. Thank goodness for the blog, so we can keep up with Maddie's growth. Looks like she has some proud grandparents. Please don't make us wait too long for the next set of pictures.
Love to all, Aunt Audrey

Billy, Ann and Baby Clark said...

AHHHH!! All of these pictures are just PRECIOUS!! WOW!! What a BEAUTIFUL family!! I am so proud of you guys and the mommy you are!! How fun! I miss you soo much and cant wait to talk! I know you've been sooo busy but cant wait to talk! I love you girl!! Please give Maddie a big smooch and hug for me!! and vice versa!! MUAH-Ann

Hannah said...

Ummm...you are parents!!!! I can't believe it. My eyes are sort of watery (which doesn't happen that often). She is a perfect mix of the martins and the biedermans. She has your big beautiful eyes, Mich. Can't wait to see you guys...let me know when things settle down for you and if you can use any help and I am there. Love you both!