Friday, June 27, 2008

Maddie turns 1!!

So our little girl is now 1!!  I can hardly believe it.  She's walking all the time, getting quicker every day, babbling more "words", and showing her awesome personality all the time!  In some ways, it's hard to believe that I am the mother of a 1-year old, but I really can't imagine life without her.  In a lot of ways, it feels like she has been here for a lot longer than just a year.  I have learned so much and have loved so hard.  It brings me to tears to think of this little girl and the incredible joy that she has brought to my life in just this one quick year.  
I can't wait for all the memories that we will make together, all the laughs we'll share,  and the special bond that will be created.  I pray that the Lord will equip me with the skills and knowledge I will need for the years to come.  My deepest prayer for Madelyn is that she have a soft and tender heart that would desire a relationship with Jesus Christ.   

What a bundle of giggles this girl is becoming!  She loves to wear her sunglasses, look at Kurt and I, and just start laughing...what a ham! 
Here Maddie is at our picnic Birthday dinner, just the fam, on her actual birthdate, June 27.
No Birthday would be complete without a cupcake!
Here's Maddie all dressed and ready for her guests to arrive for a big Birthday Barbeque.
I just love her little sturdy legs in this picture :) :)

I know this is a tease of pictures.  I have so many birthday pictures I want to post, but our computer is acting slow and we leave for 2 weeks, tomorrow....sooo I thought I'd post just a couple and when I get back, I promise I'll post tons!!

4 comments:

Billy, Ann and Baby Clark said...

oh how precious and that was a HUGE TEASE!! anyways she is so adorable and getting to be such a sweet grown up girl! wish we could all live closer! we love you all so very much!!

Ben and Erin said...

Happy Birthday Maddie! What a cute birthday girl!

MP said...

happy birthday maddie! it looks like you guys had a fun time!!!

tjessenburg said...

Wow- you and Kurt are experiencing the goodness of God through your beautiful little girl...I SO enjoy these websites to watch her grow! Love to you all, Grammy E./ Julie Essenburg
It seems like just yesterday you 2 were dating at our house...2 of our favorite Taylor kids. Love you